top of page

Jian Bo

When​​ Jian Bo was 6 years old, living in Yang Zhou, China, he suffered from 2nd degree burns. His grandmother put an electric heater in his bed to warm him up on a cold winter night, and Jian Bo fell asleep with it burning next to his foot. Unbeknownst to Jian Bo's grandma, the electric heater was malfunctioning and the heat setting was at a level much higher than what would be considered safe. After Jian Bo woke up, layers of skin on his legs and feet had already melted, leaving him unable to walk. 

bottom of page