top of page


When Xing was 5 and a half, he took his mom's pointy and long metal knitting needles. While his parents were at work, Xing was playing around when he stuck the needles into an electrical outlet, immediately charging and raising the temperature of the metal. After realizing what he had done, he grabbed and pulled the needles out of the outlet. The scorching needles melted through layers of skin and muscle in his hands. Covered in blood and panicking, Xing waved his hands around to free the needles, which were stuck in his hands, but the damage had already been done— the metal rods grazed over and burned parts of his face, arms, and chest. Xing will be receiving a skin graft surgery (transplant) for his third degree burns.  

bottom of page